Add great flavor to mild pork loin with a sweet and savory stuffing.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 1 hr. 45 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 4 oz. smoked Gouda, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 2 lb. center cut pork loin, butterflied
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Heat oven 325°F.
- In a bowl mix together spinach, apples and Gouda; set aside.
- Lay pork flat, spread with mustard and season with salt and pepper. Spread spinach mixture evenly across pork. Roll up, securing with kitchen twine. Rub the outside of pork with oil and season with additional salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking pan.
- Bake 60-80 minutes until internal temperature registers 145°F. Allow to stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Wine Pairing: Syrah
Per serving: Calories 450, Calories from Fat 210, Total Fat 23g (35% DV), Saturated Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 145mg (48% DV), Sodium 460mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates 7g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 50g, Vitamin A 120%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.