Maple syrup and Sriracha sauce...a brilliant combination of flavors that gets better when it’s grilled!
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 bamboo skewers
- 12 mushrooms (about 2 cups or 8 oz.)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion, quartered and each cut in segments
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce (more if additional heat is desired)
- Red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Soak bamboo skewers in water 10-20 minutes before grilling.
- In large bowl, mix maple syrup, Sriracha sauce and a dash of salt. Add vegetables to mix.
- Thread the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, red onion and red bell pepper alternately onto skewers, repeat twice per skewer.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook skewers 4-6 minutes (or until cherry tomatoes burst), turning skewers and basting vegetables occasionally with remaining maple Sriracha sauce.
Per serving: Calories 230, Calories from Fat 120, Total Fat 14g (22% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 65mg (3% DV), Carbohydrates 25g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 22g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 130%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.