Dark beer brings a bold taste to grilled steak. Make homemade steak sauce from the reserved marinade!
Hands-on Time: 10 min | Total Time: 2 hours 30 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1½ lb. top sirloin, about 1½” thick
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Place steak in gallon-sized resealable bag; place in shallow dish.
- In medium bowl, whisk beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic. Pour over steak. Seal bag; refrigerate 4-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Drain steak from marinade; place on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 12-14 minutes, turning once for medium-rare (145°F) or 15-18 minutes for medium (160°F). Transfer to platter; tent with foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat marinade in 8" skillet over high heat 4-5 minutes or until reduced to ½ cup. Whisk in tomato sauce.
- Slice steak across grain into thin slices. Serve sauce with steak.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 580, Calories from Fat 350, Total Fat 39g (60% DV), Saturated Fat 15g (75% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates 3g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 1g, Protein 48g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 35%.