Simple crispy bars get a holiday make-over with chocolate, pretzels and cinnamon candies.
Hands-On Time: 40 min.
Total Time: 2 hrs. 10 min.
Serves: 16 | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ cup Kroger butter
- 1 package (16 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 cups crisped rice cereal
- 10 oz. chocolate candy coat
- 16 craft sticks
- 16 cinnamon hard candy pieces
- 32 mini pretzel twists
- Butter or spray a 9”x13” pan; set aside.
- Place butter In a large, microwave-safe bowl; microwave 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Add marshmallows; continue microwaving at 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until marshmallows are completely melted. Add vanilla; stir to combine.
- Working quickly, add cereal to butter mixture. Press into prepared pan. Allow to set for about an hour.
- Cut bars into 16 rectangles.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate candy coat, according to package directions. Dip each craft stick about 1” into melted chocolate then insert into short side of crispy bars. Place bars on parchment or wax paper.
- Spread the top of each crispy bar with about a Tbsp. of melted chocolate. While the coating is still wet, place a cinnamon candy in the center of the bar to form a “nose” and place a pretzel twist at each of the top corners to form “antlers.” Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Per serving: Calories 280, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 65mg (3% DV), Carbohydrates 44g (15% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 28g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.