Apples and sauerkraut add a nice balance of sweet and tangy to a pork shoulder.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 9 hrs. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 5 lb. bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 package (16 oz.) sauerkraut
- In a small bowl mix together mustard, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub mixture over pork.
- Place in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Top with onion, apples and sauerkraut including liquid. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or until tender.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Wine Pairing: Riesling
Per serving: Calories 720, Calories from Fat 470, Total Fat 52g (80% DV), Saturated Fat 18g (90% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 200mg (67% DV), Sodium 2170mg (90% DV), Carbohydrates 11g (4% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 50g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 8%, Iron 25%.